6. DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURE
Action taken is at the discretion of the concerned party or parties. Possible action includes reporting breaches and suspected breaches of the code on a confidential, anonymous basis. Any person wishing to report a potential or actual breach of this code should submit a verbal or written account to The Experts Register.
- The designated person who received the report will address the matter with the party or parties concerned and will refer the matter to The Experts Register administration for closure.
- If further action is required, a meeting will be convened between all parties concerned, and a designated mediator. The outcome of such meetings shall confidential and reports shall only go to those individuals deemed acceptable by both parties.
- The meeting will constitute a formal forum to validate or disqualify the report and to document such. The nature of such an inquiry will be at the discretion of The Experts Register‘s administration.
- Before any action is taken, individuals will be advised that vexatious, unfounded or frivolous accusations constitute another form of inappropriate action. Persons found to be engaging in this will incur disciplinary measures which may include deregistration as a member of The Experts Register.
- Concluding action will be evaluated and applied timeously, taking into account the seriousness of the violation as well as any failure to cooperate in any investigation processes.
- Disciplinary action may include, but is not limited to, counselling, disqualification of membership, suspension or deregistration as a member of The Experts Register .
Generally, any member who seriously breaches The Experts Register‘s policy will be deregistered with immediate effect.
Business & Legal Document Templates Software